LINEAR MOTION BEARING-LINEAR SLIDE BEARING
Linear bearing is a type of the bearings that are designed to provide free motility in a single dimension. There are different types of the linear bearings that are available in the market. These may include motorized i.e. XY tables; machine slides; roller tables; certain dovetail slides; etc., these motorized types of bearings is moved by the driven machines. Whereas non-motorized type of the bearings includes: ball bearing slides; non-motorized type of the dovetail bearings; roller slides that provide low friction and are powered by the hand movement or the inertia. All these different types of the linear bearings provide strength and linear motion depending upon the type of the bearing.
Linear bearings are more and more commonly used in the following industries: electronic; equipment; robots; tools; printing machinery; textile machinery; automobiles; medical equipment; packaging machineries; textile industries; general or specific machinery industries and, etc.
There are so many advantages of the linear bearings and can be summarized as:
- These bearings allow good deal of interchangeability and at the same time are quite easy in installation and help in saving time.
- These help in maintenance by saving the oiling procedure and making the lubrication simple.
- The friction coefficient is resistance to changes and as the load is increased the small coefficient friction with resistant to change maintaining the accuracy with long-term changes in turn maintain the long term life of the machines.
- There are additional seals on both the sides of the bearings making it applicable where foreign materials or dust gain access to the places.
- As the resistance to the floe or the resistance between the contacts starts initially as the little dynamic chafing resistance, it helps in saving the energy and also helps in approaching the high range of velocities.
Hence, owing to all above-mentioned advantages, the linear bearings are widely being used.